Development/ Senior Development Engineer
About this position:
Want to work for a company whose aim is carbon free combustion? Want to make a difference?This company believes in building a brighter future. They create premium fuel systems, electrical systems and aftermarket parts for internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles and industrial applications and they are looking for a Development/ Senior Development Engineer.
As a Development/ Senior Development Engineer your main responsibility will to be responsible for the development of innovative fuel injection equipment and associated system components for future automotive requirements. The role will also involve the testing and validation of components, and generating specifications based on customer requirements.
- To use a structured approach to identify root causes of problems and mechanisms behind them
- To define performance criteria and execute test plans on injector test rigs, engines and/or vehicles to demonstrate product performance
- To interpret test data using analytical tools and prepare reports, presentations, and technical documentation to provide clear analysis and summaries for decision making
- To apply engineering standards, procedures, and methodologies to execute project activities
- Support planning, including detailed timing plans, management reviews and customer meetings
- Understanding of detailed engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing
- IT knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
English language in both written and spoken to a strong professional level
- Personal and presentation skills, to enable liaison with internal teams and to represent PHINIA to external clients
- Able to operate effectively in a multi-national multi-lingual project environment
- Ability to apply DFMEA methodology
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage several tasks at once
- Ability to use data processing and test automation software, such as Matlab or Diadem, for collecting and processing data
- Degree (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or related subject
- At least 5 years industrial experience in product design/development
- Proven understanding of the principals of physics and mechanical engineering, with experience in problem solving with structured methodologies
- Experience with specifying test procedures, analysis, and interpretation of results