The successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional, time-served in a Production/ Manufacturing inspection role to safely and accurately perform a variety of inspections of goods produced by the Manufacturing and Engineering Departments. You must work with great concentration and precision, have a keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude to ensure the quality of the products meet the demands of the projects.
- Proven experience as a Manufacturing/Production Quality Inspector
- Full understanding of mechanical machinery, tooling and precision measurement tools.
- Ability to read project drawings and engineering drawings
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft word and excel programmes.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Good communication abilities
- Ability to work as part of a small, specialised team and flexibility with an open attitude.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
- Able to work unsupervised and prioritise their own time and activities.
- Inspect and approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Inspect in-process production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to supervisor.
- Approve finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into Quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calibration requirements, liaising with Purchasing and Engineering for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
Experience: Preferably 5+ years in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
The Candidate should be Apprenticeship Trained and Ideally ONC/D in Manufacturing or City & Guilds Mechanical and Production Engineering or hold relevant Quality Inspection Qualifications.