We have partnered with development technology company which is working in the field of a new metal 3D printing process — Wire based Arc Additive Manufacturing They are currently revolutionising manufacturing technology that is set to have a major impact in the next few years.
Our customers are the major players from different manufacturing sectors, including aerospace, commercial aviation, oil and gas, defence, construction, and mining. We aim to provide a fully integrated technical solution to our customers, using our systems as the platform with specially designed hardware and software.
Responsibility as a Development Technician:
- Working closely with development engineers to provide technical support in building mechanical and electrical system components, ensuring their functionality.
- Conducting experiments, tests, and other development activities.
- Setting up and calibrating equipment and instruments.
- Contributing to daily machine maintenance and promptly reporting equipment malfunctions.
- Accurately collecting and recording experimental data, as well as assisting in preparing reports.
- Suggesting improvements based on testing experience and findings.
- Assisting in the generation of technical documentation.
- Participating in quality control and quality assurance activities to uphold high standards in product development.
- Supporting H&S documentation is kept up to date (SOPs, RAs, Manuals, equipment calibration records etc).
- Comply with Health & Safety procedures affecting self and others.
- Some level of travelling to and working at customer’s sites for supporting and commissioning work may be required (UK and possibly international).
- Provide assistant and support to other colleagues through on-the-job training/coaching in own area, in the use of equipment and techniques.
- Help with the management of workshop resources, stock and equipment purchasing
- Engineering qualification level 4 or above in the relevant engineering subjects
- Experience in both mechanical assembly and electrical assembly, with hands-on practice.
- Well-developed understanding of Health & Safety regulations and procedures
- Ability to understand and address technical development work
- A strong team worker who is willing to share his/her knowledge and provide support.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and time management skills