Electrical Service/ Maintenance Engineer
About this position
We are currently working with a specialists in in Instrumentation, Control and Automation Systems for Marine and Land Based Industries, in the UK, Europe and World-wide. Who are based in Essex who focus on providing customers with a high quality, reliable and competitive service using the best equipment available.
We are looking for ambitious engineers who are keen to grow into new roles as the company expands. A good remuneration package will be offered for the right applicants. We are very interested in receiving applications from engineers based in Essex and the Liverpool / Wirral area.
- Servicing, Installing and Commissioning Instrumentation and Control Systems in Marine and Land Based Industries. Usually there will be a team of 2 to 4 engineers on site however some work will be singlehanded. Also there will be opportunities to design control systems.
- They require a practical, hands-on engineer for electronic or electrical service / maintenance engineer in an industrial/marine setting.
- This will be working on control and instrumentation systems so an understanding of sensors, pneumatics, temperature and pressure would be useful.
- An understanding of PLC controls would also be of benefit (we use Allen Bradley). We are looking for an engineer who is self-motivated, keen to learn and progress.
- To have served an Instrumentation Apprenticeship (perhaps in a petrochem industry) and / or ONC/HNC in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or similar and have a strong practical bias.
- Be self motivated with good customer liaison skills.
- A logical approach to fault finding.
- A knowledge of ships machinery systems would be an advantage although not essential as training can be given.
- A full driving license and the ability to travel often at short notice are essential.