Electrical Design Engineer
About this position
This company is a leading provider of Marine electrical power and automation solutions and offers a comprehensive range of Marine Electrical Engineering Services ranging from Consultancy to Electrical & Automation Design. Due to recent growth and some exciting new projects they are looking for a Electrical Design Engineer to join the team.
- The role would involve producing a selection of the following documentation within a project.
- Schematic diagrams of both Electrical and Control.
- General arrangement drawings of both Control panels and Switchboards.
- Heat dissipation calculation reports.
- Short Circuit calculation.
- Use Electrical Modelling software such as E-tap.
- Use either AutoCAD or E-plan to produce Schematic drawings.
- Volt drop Calculation.
- Produce IO lists.
- Produce and or contribute to Basis of Design Documentation.
- Produce and or contribute to Functional design Specification Documentation.
- Produce material Data Books.
- Degree Qualified, or equivalent experience, with MOD or Aerospace/Defence or Marine Technical experience (min 5 years).
- Power & Electrical Design capability – Including System design & Component Selection.
- Proven Control and Instrumentation design capability.
- Relevant experience – Variable Speed Drives, Motor Starter panels, Distribution systems and PLC systems.
- An understanding of Testing & Automation.
- Ability to use E-Plan & Solidworks Electrical would be advantageous.
- Must work well within a team and be able to follow instructions, but also have the ability to work on their own initiative to progress tasks.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Machinery Directive and associated Standards is required.
- Alternative CAD system experience may be considered as training could be provided to the right candidate.